Sunday, January 4, 2009

teeth

Ok so when your little your bound to get into mischief right? or is it the sole responsibility of the mother to keep you out of mischief? Well I don't think mother could and should be everywhere at once. Some lessons you have to learn on your own!
The other day I decided that Gracelyns room needed to be rearranged. So up the stairs I went and started moving this and that, with my shadow never to far behind me. When I came across the dresser, and yes it was a little heavy for me to move so I unloaded the bottom shelves so that I could walk it to were it's new home would be.
As I was moving it I noticed that the spot it was heading for was in need of vacuuming so I turned my back to grab the vacuum and that's when it happened Gracie pulled the dresser down on top of her! So with a big scream from me and her I pulled the Dresser off of her and began to examine her body for any real trauma. None found and the crying slowing and her telling the dresser NO NO and pointing her finger at it, I thought all was well. It wasn't until the next day that I found out what had really happened to my baby girl. Yup she chipped her front tooth! I was so sad now her beautiful smile has a flaw. I know that at least it was only her baby tooth that received the damage and it will be replaced by a new tooth later in life but until then she will have to have the broken one in all her pictures. Her dad says she looks like a hill billy, but at least she is a cute hill billy!

9 comments:

Becky Wallace said...

Don't feel too badly about her teeth...about a year ago Gavin fell on his Grandma Wallace's new hardwood floor and put a HUGE chip in his bottom tooth. I was glad that it was the bottom tooth, but now it's SO cold sensitive. My three-year-old won't eat popsicles, ice cream, basically anything cold. It's so sad...and as I live in H#@%! (at least it feels like that during the summer) he's totally missing out on some good refreshment. So my point is, it could be worse!

Doman Family said...

Poor thing. That always breaks your heart when your little ones get hurt especially when it leaves a mark for several years. That is cute though that she told the dresser off. Way to go Grace

wendy said...

That disgusting set of teeth on the photo looks like some of our Meth users in Drug Court. Yikes. Gracey is still Be-Utifull and you need your camera attachment so you can take their darling photos. Good story Emm and I DIDN'T SEE ANY SPELLING ERRORS. (tee,hee)

Becky said...

Poor thing! That would NOT feel good, but don't blame yourself. There are a lot of lessons that they have to learn of on their own, and at least the consequences of this one aren't permanent.

Travis & Leslie Doman said...

That sounds just like our little Gracie, and that is just why we love her so much!! now we can call her chip, thats a cute name right? please give her a big hug for me, i'm glad all is well. the tooth is just another war wound to document! love ya

cally said...

yikes emma. Joey climbed on his dresser once, and pulled it over with drawers in it. Miraculously, the fan on top got caught in the open top drawer and the cord to the fan held the dresser up just a couple feet above Joey's little body on the floor. Amazing. That dresser was so heavy it would've been bad.

You're a good mom. I love you.

corrie said...

It is scary how fast things like that can happen! Glad she's okay.
That picture is so disturbing! I think I know who's teeth those are though. I've seen 'em around town here. ugh!!!

kaTie said...

Ahhh!! I didn't know you had a blog... Yeah! This will be way too much fun! I'm totally adding you to me "list"! :)

Excited to see all of you!
(I miss my friends!)

nikkicrumpet said...

You're so lucky she didn't get hurt badly. So cute that she told the dresser NO! Hopefully a chipped tooth is the worst thing that will happen to your angel. And I'm glad you came over from your mom's blog. I'm a big fan of hers....except when she steals my boobie pictures!!!