Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hogle Zoo






I love the zoo, maybe I love it as much as my kids do? We wen last week to the zoo because they have three new baby's there and I wanted my girls to see them, and it was a great day to go.

I decided to go just by ourselves, no friends. My husband asked me why. I said I want to just do what we want when we want and not have to worry about someone Else's schedule. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, but it was great we took our time and Olivia was basically the tour guide for the day, she even held the map to show me where she wanted to go next!!! I am glad that I got them all to myself and I think I will do this more often.

Don't you think that sometimes when you have friends that you miss the quality time with your own children?

I DO!

8 comments:

wendy said...

Mommy is first again. YES Emma, when you go with friends you do miss some of the quality time with your children.
When it is just you and the kids you are more tuned in to THEM. Not other adult interaction.
The kids will share so much more with you when they know they have you undivided attention and love.
Those are cherished times to ENJOY

more often

cally said...

I can't stand it! Your girls are so beautiful; I want to see you so bad.

We got a zoo membership so I can just "go for walks" at the zoo. Sometimes we stop and look at the animals we see every week, sometimes we play in the fountain, sometimes we just walk. I love the zoo...alone.

Friends are good, too.
But alone is nice.

CB said...

I also think it is fun to go places just with my kids. So much more quality time.

I have crazy memories from the Hogle Zoo = Apes throwing poop. Crazy Apes! I know TMI but that is what I think of - it was kinda funny!

That is fun that your mom is coming the 11th - I wish I could drive down and meet you both!!

Ann Marie said...

I usually try and do the zoo in November.. because all of the animals are awake.. and it's not so HOT!

I completely agree.. I like to go at my own pace shopping.. everything!

I love me some friend time.. but I also like family time just as much...

Hope your weekend is great!

PS: Your Mom's coming?? For how long?

Emma said...

My mom is coming on the 11th, and staying until after christmas.

We should get together???

even just a play date with your kids at my house or not?

kado! said...

TOTALLY agree with you...I love being with just my kids! That is absolutly NOT rude!

cute pics!

Debbie said...

I do agree that happens occasionally.
These are great photos.

AS Amber said...

HAAAAAAAY!!!! Do you live in Utah?? For some reason I thought you lived out of state. Why have we not gotten together for lunch or something???

OK, that is for sure happening. Maybe when your mom comes to town! I LOVE YOUR MOM!!!

And I like the zoo. Don't love it. The last time I went left a bad taste in my mouth. Even though I had one of the best times. Long story.

I love your blog! Sorry I'm bad at getting over here. I'll do better I promise.