Sunday, December 12, 2010

Love






Well for so many of you lady's who read my blog are all great friends of my Mother, No botox Allowed. So this will come as no surprise that my older brother Matt passed away, life has definitely been a world wind of emotions and we are all not sure what to do with ourselves.

My house is in the middle of Utah and close to where I was raised, so Brian and I opened our home to all and everyone that wanted to come and show their love and support for my family and Matt.
My mom was already planning on staying for a long visit for the Thanksgiving Holiday, While she is in town she likes to stay with me, and that's just how I like it.
So because of Matt passing away her and Berry got in the car and got their Canadian booties down here. So her trip became a long one for her, I don't think she minded, but I know Berry missed her very much.
There is so much to learn when someone passes away, about life, your feelings and how will you and your family recover. I am so glad that almost all of this discovery was I feel done as a family and in my home. I will treasure always the family and friends that stopped by and called to show their love. Thank you to all of you.

I am so glad to know that's family's are forever. I read this poem at the funeral and I think it fits so well.

Family Ties
Family Ties are precious things
woven through the years
of laughter, love and tears.

Family ties are cherished things
forged in childhood days
by love of parents deep and true
by traditions, by family ways.

Family ties are treasured things
and far though we my roam.
the tender bonds with those we love
still pull our hearts towards home.

I hope you all take the extra time this holiday season to remember the family members that maybe you hadn't talked to in awhile and let them know what they mean to you.

10 comments:

cally said...

I love you Emma.

gigi said...

Beautiful pictures of such a sweet family. I hope you all can find some peace and comfort this Christmas season. I know you will all miss Matt something awful. Just know that we are still keeping you in our prayers.
(((hugs)))

corrie said...

Love you.

Christa Rowland said...

Emma I freaking love all you. I will stay hooked to you know matter what, so dont try to get rid of me because I wont let you.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Wonderful post Emma.

Kristin said...

You are so strong, and so sweet, and you make me smile every time I read your blog. I hope each day gets better, and I hope you know you have so many people praying for you and always thinking of you!
I'm so glad your mom was able to spend so much time with you, you 2 make me laugh!
Have a Merry Christmas!
xoxo

H.K. said...

This was a beautiful post and a very beautiful poem. I haven't talked to my younger sister in a very long time and reading your blog is giving me the courage to try to reach out to her one more time.

mCat said...

What great perspective you have Emma. Wishing I was around and could have done more

wendy said...

MY FAMILY is my best Christmas gift forever.
It was indeed fun to decorate the tree with the girls and see all their excitment. so funny.

wendy said...

I can hear your voice reading that poem.........yes I can.