Friday, August 14, 2009

escape artist.

I have to start with my baby is no longer a baby, she is now 2. She is a very strong willed, and has decided that the crib life is no life for her!!
It all started 3 days ago at around 2:30 am when I herd a thump and then pitter patter and I knew that one of my fears has just happened, she has climbed out of the crib and is on the loose! So I wiped the fog from my eyes and stepped into action. Gracelyn we don't get out of our bed it is still night time, "ok mommy" with a great big smile! I was lucky that night a song and of to bed she went.
Night 2 no problems, so I thought to my self that maybe it was a flook and she was done with that nonsense. I was so wrong night 3 not so good 5:00am it began and I could never get her to stay in bed, yuck!! Tired mommy and tired baby don't make for a good day.
Night 4 began as any night brush teeth and 1 story and song and in the crib you go. Only 2 minutes later she appears, and so it begins and ends with me sittin in her room on the rocking chair so when she trys to get out I am there to stop her, ( of coursre she did'nt like that at all)
I have to say I tried this with Olivia and it took me hour and a half, but Gracelyn was done in only a half hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya.
I wasn't sur what the night had in store for me, so I gave my husband a kiss and headed of for bed so I was ready to step into action if need be. My dutys as mother and leader of the house was called into action at 1:30 and I was ready for the challenge, but I was lucky a song on of to bed she went! So I lay in bed just waiting for her to get out but not until 7:30 did I see my sweet 2 year old with a great big smile on her face.. Good morning to all hope you all slept well. Wish me luck for the nights ahead for I fear that the battle has not been wone!

5 comments:

corrie said...

Oh man. That is not a fun stage! When Nash moved out of his crib he would get up to pee like 12 times before he went to sleep. By the last trip to the potty I was threatening him that he'd better be able to squeeze at least one drop out or else!
good luck
love you!

AS Amber said...

Ohhhh...I do NOT look forward to those days. My baby is almost 15 mos so we're still in the clear for a while. But I have an 8 yr old and a 10 yr old and ya...I know what I'm in for.

I kept my 8 yr old in her crib til she was more than 3 because she never tried to climb out. The first time she did, I put her in a bed. I figured if she was gonna get out anyway, it might as well not be a 4 foot drop.

Good luck to you! Thanks for stopping by!

Becky said...

Oh Emma...Good luck! Little Gracey has me laughing out loud, though I don't think I'd find the situation funny at 5 in the morning!

Ann Marie said...

It's so nice to read I'm not the only one with a "terrific two" year old right now..

Just the other night I debated getting out the Toddler Bed.. Still trying to decide! :)

You are a good Mom. Show her who's Boss! :)

Doman Family said...

Oh that is funny. The fun things that moms have to deal with and smile. I am not looking forward to that day with Kynleigh.