Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Band-aides

So what is it about band-aides that make the little ones feel better???? I even stopped buying the cute ones with the princess on them and all pink, to the no fussing around get the job done brands in hope that the band-aide thing would slow down, but alas it has not. It doesn't matter the brand as long as it is on. I mean it doesn't even last a minute before the youngest one takes of the band-aide and then want me to put it back on her. A little hard to put the band-aide back on when she bends it in half, so that means another band-aide until she is satisfied with the result.
The other child will put the band-aide on and wont take it off for ever. Some times we had to bribe her to remove the band-aide, or do it in the tub when she was not looking. so funny how too children can be so different.

So this morning while Grace and me are the only ones up in the house because it's 4:30 well and the dog, Grace leans in to give Rambo a huge and a kiss, well I think he was a little tired too because he snipped at her and made her cry, and immediately she cry's band-aide!!!! No blood no scratch only one sad little girl that her buddy snipped at her. So mom and baby go to the kitchen in search of the last two band-aide's I have in this house (boy I hope nothing big happens that someone might actually need a band-aide) So we put band-aide on, and yes it is no where to be found I guess it's all better now, well until the next time

BAND-AIDES BE WARE OF THE LEMKE HOUSE!!!!!

16 comments:

Connie said...

So true! Maybe they think of band-aids like stickers! My friend's 2 year old had a pink bandaid on her forehead in church on Sunday. She just wanted it the night before and never took it off. Better put bandaids on your shopping list!

gigi said...

I think that must happen in every house! Eveerybody loves band-aides!! And for something so agravating they bring so much joy and an end to tears :)

cally said...

Kacie and Joey are bandaid hunters. I buy big boxes and hide them. It doesn't matter though because as soon as I do I find the entire box emptied with wrappers ALL over the house and their legs, arms, heads, bellies, etc, covered in bandaids.

It's a dilemma.

Ann Marie said...

Amen sister!
It doesn't matter what it is.. Band-aids to the rescue!

I seriously have like 12 boxes. I can't run out of those! Heaven help me! ha-ha..

~ They cost some $$.. but who knew that a kiss and bandaid could cure almost anything???

corrie said...

totally. they are magical.

kado! said...

yep...my youngest LOVES band-aids...he thinks they make everything better! ...and I think it is my fault that he won't take them off...I told him they fall off when the cut or hurt is all better...so he won't take them off until it falls off on its own!

CB said...

Kids + Band aids = Part of Life.
Funny how a band aid can make anything feel better.
Cute post and brought back some memories!

wendy said...

cute post Em.
Remember in Beazer, Ida who would cover herself in white ointment --all over her face. I don't know what made me think of THAT.

when I get OLD --I mean OLDER --don't let me put ointment all over my face --just buy me a bandaide.

Missy said...

We are all wearing Hello Kitty bandaids around here! They are a cure all!

Barry said...

Hey Emma!
I thought id stop by to see how you two are doin.I hope by now Grace is starting to catch on.Say hi to Brian for me.

Love
BEAR(BARRY)

Becky Wallace said...

Gavin would love to wear bandaids, but he's allergic to them. So Sad!!

Loralee said...

This happens in our house all the time. They get wasted and then when they REALLY need one, they're all gone. I think that they've gone through that enough times now that when I say - does it REALLY need a band-aid - they think about it and realize they little owie can heal without one!

Unknown said...

Band-aids. I wish I invented these things. Just think of all the money you could have made if you did!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I think they think to have a band-aid proves that they actually went through something. It's like a badge or experience. So funny!

Julie said...

Kids have a great way of looking at life that we just don't get - but truly if all it takes is a band=aide to chase the blues away, then I'm going to go buy a box of curious george ones - because I think even at my age one of those on my finger will make me smile!

kanishk said...

Eveerybody loves band-aides!! And for something so agravating they bring so much joy and an end to tears
home jobs without registration