Thursday, January 14, 2010

Potty Training

I am in potty training HELL. Yes I have begun the task of potty training my 2 1/2 yr old. She is a very strong willed child and does what she wants on her own time.

This is not the first attempt at the toilet, we have visited this moment 2 times already and I gave up after a few day's of her not even wanting to sit on the toilet. The signs are definitely in place and I know she is ready!! So why will she not go number 2 in the toilet?????? it has been almost 3 weeks and no number 2.(in the toilet) I am so over this but I don't want to give up I know she can do it I just need to find the trick that will finally let her know that it's cool to go number 2!!

Alas I have gone back to the pull ups and no undies. I know your not supposed to do that but I can't handle the mess any more. She still goes to the toilet and does well.

See I am in hell and I want it to be over so badly, Olivia was done with her training in two day's, so this 3 week thing I am way over!

So wish me luck and dryer cleaner day's!!

Emma.

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Potty Training is no fun, that's for sure!
Wish I had some sure-fire, proven method...but I don't. :(
Hang in there~ Hopefully she'll get the hang of it pretty soon.

claudie said...

Om I can't believe I'm reading about potty training all over again Emma...it's like potty training the new puppy, but not like you Sonny's doing better than your babe lol sorry didn't mean to laugh.
Brittany, now 21 used to be afraid of the toilet. It took us FOREVER. She actually thought something was going to come out and bite her butt! I'm not kidding. I finally bought one of those little foamy sits that go over the big bad toilet... and like magic, it happened. All I can say is I spent endless hours reading "Mother Goose" books to her lol and giving her candy when she had a brown one in there..oh gross...good luck sweetie with the YUCK duty. It's all part of the program.
Love Ya
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo

Ann Marie said...

It is hell.. and I am sorry.

Many people ( my MIL that is in my business WAY to much ) is always nagging me to get Mary Caroline trained. I listen but ignore it.

3 is the magic number for me.
I fought and fought with Tenney to train. We got the videos, books, singing potties.. everything.. she turned 3 and no accidents.. she just did it.

I tried it with Christian. He turned 3.. and no accidents.. and he just started going.

My MIL put Mary C on the toilet.. and she SCREAMED. Yes.. she is terrified.. and I am waiting.

I will change diapers until kidergarten if I have to. Anything is better than taking off poopie panties.. and hosing them down afterwards.. Bleck!

Hang in there girl.. I know your pain.

PS: Do you want me to bring the book to your work this weekend? Otherwise.. I need your address...

Missy said...

Been there and kind of still doing it with pull-up at night! Boys are much easier!

wendy said...

Ah Emma, isn't it fun being a mom. YES it is. Grace is just being Grace.
I wish all the bloggy friends out there could see what a wonderful mom you are.

gigi said...

No real answers for you here other than when they are ready they are ready and I really don't think that there is much you can do before then unless you are ready for a fight and who likes to fight???

kado! said...

i have no good advice for you...it IS hell! All I can say is that it will happen in its own time...seriously. I drove my self crazy with both of my boys. The oldest was the same as you describe...he would ask for a pull-up when he needed to go #2...and then come and ask me to change him!!!! So he totally knew what was going on...just was not ready to commit to the toilet!? So...good luck...try not to stress too much...it Will happen ....some day! ;)

Amber said...

We'll have to find each other...because I'm in potty training hell, too! In fact, my husband and 2 1/2-year-old son just got done watching a movie shortly before I read this. My husband told my son to go potty...and well, the little pirate came running to me and peed right next to me...and I was not in the bathroom or near a potty (luckily it was on a surface that only needed a wet rag and disinfectant to wipe it down). Man, oh man...